I am a philosopher, writer, practitioner and teacher with a deep compassion for the human condition and a burning desire to help people live better lives, do better work and create a more sustainable and socially connected society in the process. Even though I worked most of my professional career in the IT industry, I have always approached everything from the human angle: how does it make us feel, why do we behave in this way, how do we decide, how do we change – or don’t? Throughout 30+ years of working with organisations all over the planet I have helped individuals and organisations with maturing their awareness and mastery of their individual and collective emotional abilities; creating more inspiring and sustainable approaches to leadership and team development; and taking responsibility for the future evolution of their organisational cultures.
- Written two books on Machine Translation
- Published 100+ research notes on leadership, professional development and organisational culture
- Delivered countless keynotes, presentations and workshops on those topics
Strong Point of View
I believe a completely new approach to leadership and organisational culture is needed to survive and thrive in the Digital Era; this approach has to be fiercely human-centric and inclusive, helping people to connect, share and develop their abilities and best contributions to society.
I believe technology is never a solution but at its best a tool to help humans solve more and more complicated problems, yet at its worst an amplifier of the unsolved problems underneath the symptoms is claiming to cure.
Three Posts I Have Under Construction
- Why AI is not ready for general use
- The real business of business: outdated assumptions about business that need to be changed for a sustainable future
- The dynamics of organisational culture: how understand it, how live within it, how to change it
Additional Agenda Items For the Next Year
I will first produce 4 or 5 pieces on the shortcomings of AI and ML, then focus more on business and culture.