How Will Apple, Amazon Google and Microsoft Treat You Pt 3
Part 3 My Future Healthcare
In Part 1 we examined the U.S. healthcare market and need for change. See, How-Apple-Amazon-Google-and-Microsoft-will-treat-you-1
In Part 2 we examined some key challenges and likely market moves. See, How-Amazon-Apple-Google-and-Microsoft-will-treat-you-2
Imagine a future something like this for consumers and enterprises.
Patients are consumers. They rely upon non-invasive and cost-effective available technologies. Democratizing healthcare for the consumer. The U.S. healthcare market is DIY-focused. As commercial apps, software tools, wearable devices and web-based services proliferate. Offering lifestyle, pharmaceutical and physical diagnostics, treatments and histories.
By 2025 imagine HIPPA-complaint scenarios to include the following:
AMAZON: Assisted Living and Home-Based Scenarios: Imagine prime membership to include:
- Digital assistants offering virtual administrative, diagnostic, maintenance and treatment
- Communicating with providers or pharmacies. To reference conditions with sensors, tactile inputs or wearable devices.
- Ordering medications/supplies and scheduling appointments.
- Offering selected discounts.
APPLE: DIY Apps and Wearable Device Scenarios. Imagine a subscription service to include:
- Health-focused wearable devices and
apps. Using algorithms to detect potential health conditions. For example,
cholesterol levels or measuring heart’s activity with noninvasive electrocardiograms
- Developers and others using APIs, Apps and interoperability standards to digitize medical records.
- Monitoring and relaying conditions in preventive and maintenance modes.
- Reducing health care costs by offering lifestyle and wellness challenges.
Google (Alphabet): Enabling enterprises (insurers, pharmaceuticals, providers and researchers) to speed up decision-making. Imagine services to include:
- Probability-based algorithms, Data Management
Models and Cloud-based tools focused on outcomes.
- Offering augmented reality tools for refined diagnostics and treatments.
- Using specialized algorithms to improve disease detection and patient management.
- Developing Data Models for pattern-recognition. To improve research and development efforts.
- Conducting risk assessments to predict and reduce fraud.
Microsoft: Enabling enterprises (developers, providers and researchers) to focus on development activities. Imagine services to include:
- DIY services and tools. For application development, business processes, patient management and secure collaboration.
- Facilitating workflows between partners, providers, patients and researchers.
- Offering digital assistants for virtual administrative, diagnostic, maintenance and treatment alternatives.
What Do You Think?
I am the author of this article and it expresses my own opinions. I have no vested interest in any of the products, firms or institutions mentioned in this post. Nor does the Analyst Syndicate. This is not a sponsored post.